Friday, February 21, 2014

Kids

I like kids. I like working with kids. I would have been happy teaching any age kids except middle-schoolers (about 11 through 13); they are lovely as individuals or in small groups, not so much for me in class-size school groups. I digress.

Once I've done my CZT training, I would really like to find a way to do some Zentangle© teaching with kids. I know that I'll get some sense of this at the seminar, but I've been thinking of ways I could put it into action.

I could, and would love so much, to go to Girl Scout meetings and teach it. There must be some badge -- do they still call it that? -- it would fit into. Does anyone know? I was a Girl Scout leader for more than ten years in the 1980s and 1990s, so my knowledge of the program is way out of date.

There are all kinds of summer programs and day camps around here, so I could see if any of those are interested. And after-school programs too, in season.

It has also occurred to me that home-schoolers might occasionally have people in to do special lessons, but my background is 100% in public education, so I really don't know. I Googled home school tutors and guess what? There's plenty of demand, but almost exclusively for math and science. I do kind of get that -- I couldn't home school anyone in math at all -- but it also made me sad. Either it means the arts and humanities aren't taught as much, or that any anybody thinks it's no sweat to teach them.

Any thoughts? Is there anyone out there who's done z©ling with kids?

(BTW, I'm familiar with Sandy Steen Bartholomew's wonderful website Zentangle for Kidz, but I haven't found anything else, hence the request.)

qss!

1 comment:

  1. I love your tiles, they are full of fun. I am especially drawn to the third one. It stands alone so happily!

    ReplyDelete