Thursday, February 13, 2014

Throw Back Thursday the First

Because I can.

Although Z© unquestionably brings me focus and calm, I am not usually inclined to sit in a quiet room alone, play zen music, and go. I'm a multi-tasker by nature, and most commonly while I'm z©-gling, the TV is on but I'm not paying much attention to it. So, watching the Olympics, or Golden Girls reruns is fine. Downton Abbey or Sleepy Hollow, not so much.

I'll also pick up the pen in waiting rooms, or on trains. Consequently, when I look back through my work, I'll see a piece that really evokes the memory of where I was or what else was going on as I was making that particular tile. So for me, TBT (Throw Back Thursday, yes?) is going to be something like that.


This is the tile I made at my class with CZT DiAnne Ferrrer. I'd been working on my own before that. But on this Sunday in March 2013, my friend The Rock and I drove into deepest darkest Staten Island for the sake of Z©. (I felt like I was a pioneer in a Conestoga facing the frontier; the funny part of course is that S.I. is less than 15 miles from where I have lived all my life, and it was as far away from strange as it could be.)

I learned Bunzo, which I love and don't do enough of, I made Leaflet work, and this is the only proof that I have ever achieved Mooka, something I cannot seem to repeat.

It has my old chop on it, qss, which I now use to end my entries here, because I can, and because no matter how much I say it, it's always true.


qss!

No comments:

Post a Comment