Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Diva Challenge #155

Diva Challenge 155 asks us to "Try leaving a big open white space in your piece this week!"

I'll be working on the challenge later today -- I've only been up for about a half hour at this point -- and since it's snowing yet again, I doubt I'll be going anywhere. 

And how cute is little Artoo in his sunglasses? At least someone is having fun with the snow.

Update ... later the same day ..

So I used a pattern called Balloya, which was recently received in the daily email from tanglepatterns.com.   Correction: I did not get it from tp, I found it on Pinterest. Here's a link to its original site. Oops.

 I did it twice, actually.






For shading on the black one, I used the soapstone stick from zentangle.com, first time. I could use a little more practice, but it blends nicely.

qss

6 comments:

  1. I love this pattern! So glad you put the pattern name up. Not sure how I missed it on tangle patterns! Great tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, I like this a lot.
    here, in the Neteherlands, spring is already arriving, a month too soon. It has not been cold at all this winter, it was very wet but not like in UK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried this tangle yet. I haven't tangled light on dark yet, either. I think you've done both nicely. I may have to try both of them soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to see the pattern on both a white and a black tile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This pattern works perfectly with the white space challenge. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice tiles. I like them both, but I think I like the first best. I haven't found this tangle. I've looked on tanglepatterns.com, but it's not there. Is it possibly spelled differently?

    ReplyDelete