Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Diva Challenge 159

I'm back, and it's a holiday challenge. I often have difficulty with these, but I do love St. Patrick's Day, even if my tile is not what one might expect this holiday to inspire.



Explanation: Afterglo is a very happy pattern to me; I love to do it and I love to look at tiles I've done it with. Poke-Leaf just means life to me; it's one of the few patterns that looks like a real object that I enjoy using.

And yes, this tile is all glitter, all the time. It's a very happy tile to me. (Although I have no idea if the glitter is going to show at all!)

On St. Patrick's Day, 1981, my perfect little first baby girl (who is ¼ Irish) was born. Many months earlier, when the Hubs and I broke the news of the impending first grandchild to his folks, I saw the "grandson" lights go on in his dad's eyes, but my 100% Irish mother-in-law said with no doubt "It'll be a girl, on St. Patrick's Day." And it was, and she is, and she was the light of Gramps' eye after all.

Ahem.

I like St. Patrick's Day, but there's not a bit of Irish in me. Not anymore, anyway.

qss

3 comments:

  1. Great background story behind your tile. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love your afterglow tile! and it does look very happy and bright!

    ReplyDelete